Here are 7 things about me
1. I am Australian. Therefore I am not a bad speller as you may have thought, just staunchly patriotic towards correct ‘English’ (British) for all my favourite (favorite) spelling rules.
2. Elizabeth is my middle name.
3. The photo of the river on my home page is the view out my front window.
4. I am 157cm (5’1/2″) short with natural blond hair.
5. I am so NOT into face-book. I enjoy blogging so am not against social media per se. I consider writing blogs and reading others intellectually stimulating (as compared to the other chit-chat small-talk sites).
6. I am a quiet introvert. However, I am also patiently optimistic and determined. I am prepared to stand up for my beliefs and my values and on social issues that I feel need addressing in the community.
7. I am an avid collector of quotes, speeches, prose and poetry. One of my favourite pieces is:
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” Theodore Roosevelt