Assuming that I follow my own pep talk regarding facing my financial situation and dealing with it; assuming I protect my home, maximise my retirement savings and budget wisely; assuming I am able to move from a survival, to a modest, to a comfortable income; then in front of me – not despite but because of the divorce – an exciting world of opportunities are open to me. Now, being single, those discretionary expenses listed in my last post are mine alone to decide on.
I have choices.
I have dreams.
I have freedom ……………….
to do whatever I want………….
- Retire soon and be contented with a basic lifestyle.
- Work a few more years and relax in a modest lifestyle.
- Work a bit longer, save hard, and enjoy a comfortable lifestyle….. down the track
- Resurrect my previous career and work for a period in a profession that was lost.
- Reclaim my ‘me’.
- Become a new ‘me’
- Retrain and start a different career, in something I feel passionate about.
- Start a new business in something I feel passionate about.
- Sell my home, down-grade to a smaller home, and enjoy making my home my own.
- Move close to the beach
- Or into a city centre
- Tip most of the difference in funds from down-grading into retirement savings.
- Sell my home, invest the money, and volunteer abroad for a year.
- Use some of my funds from down-grading my house on a **FANTASTIC** holiday
- Buy a van and travel around for a year or more.
- Become more involved in charity work.
- Visit my children, family and friends more often. YAY!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
- Write a book.
- Learn to play the piano.
- Learn, learn, learn about a lot of interesting things.
- Write about everything I have learned in life.
- Finish things.
- Walk along the beach 🙂
- Watch the sunrise each morning.
- Potter about
- Count the clouds in the sky
- Do nothing. 🙂
- Speak up for what I believe in.
- Contribute to making a better world
Please of choices.
Wow….. what an exciting time is ahead for me.
🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
This is the tenth in a series of posts on ‘My Responsibilities’.
2. My own needs
3. My basic needs
4. My health – diet
5. My health – exercise
6. My Home
7. My finances # 1 Sinking
8. My finances # 2 Survive
9. My finances # 3 Priorities
10. My finances # 4 Freedom
Image courtesy of [BoinsChoJooYoung]: FreeDigitalPhotos.net