At the beginning of this series of posts I wrote down all the negative emotions I was feeling dealing with my life in transition and the property settlement. I planned to devise steps to tackle those negative feelings. The last feeling I noted was anxiety. I have discovered that working through the other steps has cured the anxiety.
This is a simple summary of the actions I have taken over the past few months:
1. In the depths of turmoil, I found a place of quiet and realised it was quiet.
2. I reaffirmed my conviction to live by my core values.
3. I adjusted my vision by re-framing my transition as steps towards my bright future.
4. I wrote a list of all issues, broke them into tasks and steps; then started on the first one.
5. I enlisted help for issues too difficult to handle on my own.
6. I resolved to build foundations of comfort to create certainty in my world of uncertainty.
7. I am bringing every choice I make back to my core value decisions.
As a result, instead of sliding backwards, I am now moving forward… anxiety-free.
(most of the time 🙂 )
Lovely post! I hope you have some happy times over the Easter break. Take care,
Thanks. Same to you.
Good for you! You keep that forward motion going. 🙂
Yes I will, I will.
That is great to hear!
Thanks so much.
Have you thought of writing a book?
Yes. Have you?
I, too, can suffer from anxiety. Great to hear the progress you’re making! 🙂
I am so happy for you Elizabeth. You are an intelligent and courageous woman – You’re doing it – yay! 🙂
and steadily In the last year I’ve learned that some things have to germinate or ferment to stick. It’s kind of like losing weight; they say 1-2 pounds a week. If you lose a whole bunch in one shot, it and much more comes back! I think you’re doing great. I wonder how you could share your learnings with others? There’s always a book, yes. But maybe in group settings or something else as well?
Now that is a vision for the future. I had always thought that to give talks and such one has to be an ‘expert’. What better expertise than experience. xo
as the old song says – You gotta accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative …
Hey! That triggered a summary for my next post.
Living by your core values and staying true to yourself is great work Elizabeth. Congratulations is forging a new path for yourself.
Thanks. I am encouraged by your support.
Sounds like you have things in control for a while. Nice feeling, eh?
Yes, for a while at least.
Thanks for stopping by.